Monday 23 April 2012

Doctor's


It’s terrible; it’s unbelievable; it’s unforgivable…

Ever since my heart attack in 2010 I’ve repeatedly been asked: “Have you stopped smoking, and, are you maintaining a healthy diet?”

It’s obvious that the level of medical complacency I meet head-on defies belief on an almost weekly basis; as if this weren’t the case, there would be something to suggest that even the simplest of rudimentary doctors would have read my notes in discovering the answer they need to know, before asking the question, but nope, not one has had the common-sense to do so.  They just reel off the same two questions, robotically, every time – you must know of this, or have come across it for yourself a family member, or a friend?

I suppose given the option, they’d all blame it on being overworked through extraordinary long hours?

Even stranger is the fact that although they (the doctors and consultants) all complain about the hours they put in, not once do you hear of a complaint where their salaries are concerned, or the fact that they are earning scandalous amounts, year in and year out…  That’s called: “having your cake and eating it, with Royal icing, cherries and candles on top, too!”

Outside of the smoking cessation bit, it’s the same with my diet.  “Are you eating 5 fruits and or Vegetables daily?”  My answer is now always the same.  I say, “Yes.  I’ve actually created a new diet where everything I need is found in the colours of healthy eating.  Even fresh fish and chicken breasts are catered for and have been attributed to white and pink, which is inclusive of all the other colours present and needed.


When they ask: “What is it you’re doing that maintains this eating plan?”

I then explain to them: “I have Red for peppers, Green for veggies, yellow for bananas, Orange for carrots, white for fish, and pink for chicken breast, etc.  And then I show them how all of this is put together.  The looks on their faces, now, defy belief!


Yep, take the water out of them and they show no sense of humour!

No comments:

Post a Comment