Monday 23 April 2012

This Morning


This morning, for some strange reason, my thoughts returned to the past…

That part of a time long ago when life was “oh so simple” and, when everything was at peace with the world, except for yours truly!

Thoughts of school and of the teachers, whom were part of my life, were running amok, so to speak.

Chuckling at the many thoughts that were bubbling up to the surface reminded me of a time long gone by – a time when I was frowned upon, for many strange reasons.

Thinking back, I tend to believe those teachers had psychological problems and disorders – they were definitely disturbed in some way, and the problem, as I recall it, was always directed at me – perhaps it’s because 'they' were unrecognised at the time as as manic-depressives – it’s certainly worth a little thought on the subject: just a little thought, mind you…

Just because they were getting paid to do a job that was considered difficult “some of the time,” didn’t give them the right to label me as, “disruptive, a nuisance, shows no interest, is tone-deaf, or causes mayhem in the classroom when not supervised!” 

In all honesty, I think they went too far in ‘over-exaggerating’ their claims, their dilemma, if that is the most apt description!

Personally, nowadays, I can see where the problem lies.  Yes, it was their fault, and, it will always be their fault.  They, as providers of education, should have seen my true genius emerging, not the tyrannical rascal they so loved to watch with beady-eyes. 

Whose fault was it that I was born with a mind akin to Einstein? 

Just because I knew more of the subject matter than they did, did not give them the right to cause disruption in my ordered existence, or to label me with names of such disrepute.  Their attitude scarred me for a very long time – thankfully though, I am well over it and them, by now.

When you think back to your years of schooling and instruction, didn't you find yourself in the same boat?

Weren’t you labelled as some kind of misanthrope, too?

Surely, I couldn’t have been the world’s only disruptive person – there must have been others?

If, by sods law, only fifty percent of us were Einstein’s during those time periods, then surely that presents a lot of very strange teachers out there?

What do you think, or were you little Ms or Mr. Prim Proper?

No comments:

Post a Comment